Hamilton’s Warrant of Fitness centre.
$56 Warrant of Fitness
Flexible Warrant of Fitness options.
Ingham Automotive in Hamilton offers any repair needed for WOF certification – avoid the hassle of taking your vehicle elsewhere for tyres or parts. Choose from a Drop & Go WOF or a 45-minute Waiting WOF with our modern Warrant of Fitness centre in Te Rapa, Hamilton.
We carry out Warrant of Fitness inspections on cars, utes, SUVs, vans, motorcycles, trailers, caravans and light trucks.
Choose from a
Allow 45 minutes & wait in our customer lounge or check out the nearby shops.
Drop n Go WOF
Drop your vehicle off for 1/2 a day. We can provide transport within the CBD.
Limited time offer – $56 Warrant of Fitness
Normally $75 Per Vehicle
- Waiting WOF: Allow 45 minutes.
- Drop & Go WOF: Leave your car with us for half a day (or the day).
Your one-stop-shop for WOF inspection. Everything you need under one-roof for your vehicle.
When are WOFs required?
Warrant of Fitness intervals differ between vehicles.
See below for a list of when a WOF is required in New Zealand:
- New vehicle that’s never been registered (Wof is issued for three years).
- Registered less than two years ago (WOF will be issued until the 3rd anniversary of when it was first registered).
- Registered more than two years ago, but less than three years ago (WoF is issued for 12 months).
- Registered on or after 1 January 2000 (WoF is issued for 12 months).
- Registered before 1 January 2000 (WoF is issued for 6 months).
What is inspected during a WOF?
All makes & models.
The WoF inspection is a general safety check. The aspects checked are set out in our Vehicle inspection requirements manual (VIRM) and include these items.
If you’ve modified your car, motorcycle, van or other light vehicle, you may need a low volume vehicle certificate.
- Tyre condition (including tread depth)
- Brake operation
- Structural condition (rust is not allowed in certain areas)
- Glazing (is your windscreen safe?)
- Windscreen washers and wipers
- Doors (do they open and close safely?)
- Safety belts (must not be damaged or overly faded; buckles must work properly)
- Airbags (if fitted)
- Speedometer (must be working)
- Steering and suspension (must be safe and secure)
- Exhaust (there must be no leaks and the exhaust must not be smoky or louder than the original exhaust system)
- Fuel system (there must be no leaks).
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if my car fails a WOF?
If your vehicles fails your WOF inspection, we will make contact to discuss what is needed for your vehicle to pass. If you choose to go ahead with repairs, we can source parts, tyres and carry out any repairs needed for certification right here in our Hamilton Service Centre.
Do I need an appointment?
Yes, we require bookings in our Hamilton Service Centre. This is so you don’t have to wait in a queue – you’ll know exactly when your vehicle will be in our workshop. We provide both Waiting WOFS (45 minutes – where you can wait in our customer lounge or check out the adjacent shops/cafe) OR Drop n Go WOFS (where you leave your car with us for 1/2 a day).